FREE ENTRY before 10:30pm with RSVP (press going) on this page!!! THIS GUEST LIST CLOSES AT 2PM ON FRIDAY, FYI!!! DON'T SNOOZE. 18+ to dance!
The DC Style Salsa Academy and Earl Rush StuckOnSalsa Entertainment bring you the hottest weekly mambo event, MAMBO FRIDAYS in downtown DC!!!!
It's been a while since the District has had a proper Friday Mambo night! Come join us where we give space to all the dancers, young and old, who miss a FIRE mambo night!
* DETAILS *
* Mambo lessons by DC salsa legend, Mr. Sickness, Psyon PsyniiGianni Scott from 9-10pm! Only $10 for premiere instruction!
* FIRE music played by DJ Stephen Greene all night! An old school jam - classic mambo, salsa, and a touch of bachata!
* FREE ENTRANCE (with check-in) BEFORE 10:30PM (does not include class)
* $10 Entrance after 10:30pm, includes 1 drink ticket (mixed drink or bottled water)!!!
* 18+ to dance, 21+ to drink!
* Dress to impress!
* Drink specials all night
* Happy hour prices till midnight! Kitchen closes at 1am!
"The word mambo was likely being used in the New World as soon as the Bakongo people arrived in the sixteenth century... basically, mambo means a complex of things involving communication - all of which, in traditional Bantu culture, involved singing.
Arsenio Rodriguez, who claimed to have invented the modern musical style called mambo, and whose grandfather was Congo, told Cuban musicologist Odilio Urfe: "The word mambo is African, of the Congo dialect. One singer says to the other: abre cuto güiri mambo, that is: 'open your ear and listen to what I'm going to tell you.'" Or, in the argot of the 1980s: word up." - Ned Sublette, Cuba and its Music.
See you this Friday, KEEP ON DANCING!!!